Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Day 12 of the 12-day Giant Irish Adventure

Our last day...and a stop at Blarney Castle.
And no, I didn't kiss the Blarney Stone. You'll see why.
Irish music while we walked.

Narrow circular stairway to the top. 
View of the gardens.
We are getting used to narrow stairways.
The second floor (missing) held a banquet hall.
The action you see is where people are gathered to kiss the Blarney Stone.
There's an extra cost to do that, but that's not why I opted out.
They do wipe the stone with disinfectant between kisses. That's not why either.

I opted out because you have to lay on your back on the stone and lean your head back and downward under the Blarney Stone. I don't even do that at home...it hurts my neck.
Anyway I don't care if I'm eloquent or not. I'm retired.
View from the top of Blarney Castle.


Ann getting up from kissing the stone.

Then we wandered the grounds of the castle. We found some gypsy wagons.
The Courtyard
The gardener's shed.
A walled garden.
With a fairy glade.



Tina...looking for fairies.



Entrance to the Poison Garden

Poisonous plants

At the very top is the Blarney Stone.
Crocheted tree cozies..


More music...
Our last stop was at Cashel Rock.
About the Rock:
A lot of restoration going on...








it was the end of our tour, and some of us were just tired.
On the way back to Dublin we passed the Curragh Racecourse, Braveheart film set.
The next morning we flew back to Cincinnati, where thistle was glad to see me....although he did have a good time at doggy "camp."
If you are planning a trip to Ireland, I can highly recommend http://vagabondtoursofireland.ie , a small group (12 or less) tour with your choice of active and adventurous like ours, or their slower paced Driftwood tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to recent spam in comments, all new comments will be moderated and approved before publishing.